Fidelta’s microbiology group is working with bacteria and viruses in BSL2 laboratories.
Bacterial strain collection
- >2000 bacterial strains and clinical isolates
- Access to clinically relevant Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogens
- Different resistance mechanisms against various antibiotic classes
- Antibacterial susceptibility testing (MIC, MIC50, MIC90 and MBC) compliant with CLSI and EUCAST guidelines
- Tailor-made assays for non-conventional compounds/agents or with clinical isolates provided by clients
- Cytotoxicity assay against eukaryotic organisms (yeast), rodent and mammalian cell lines
- Time-kill studies
- Single- and multi-step resistance development propensity
- Synergy testing of drug combinations (FIC index determination)
- Biofilm studies
For more information on our microbiology capabilities please contact us.